Understanding the role of vitamin D in good health and nutrition is the first step to combating the increasing deficiency rates being seen in Australia. By looking at the latest research and recommendations around adequate intake, we take you through the best approach to help clients boost vitamin D in the diet via whole foods and simple food choices.
Sharon Natoli is a dietitian, author, speaker and Director of Food & Nutrition Australia. Sharon’s expertise lies in creating and connecting messages about food, health and nutrition with clients and consumers in a way that resonates and really inspires change.
Sharon has been an advisor to Australian Eggs for the past 15 years and as a result, is an eggspert in egg nutrition. She was involved in guiding the independent nutrient testing for Australian Eggs in both 2007 and 2018 and interpreting the results into meaningful messages for consumers, healthcare professionals and the egg industry.
In this episode, we discuss:
- The role of Vitamin D in immunity
- Recommended intakes for Vitamin D
- Vitamin D deficiency in Australia and around the globe
- Vitamin D from sun vs food – is it different and which form is best?
- Vitamin D dietary sources: eggs, salmon, mackerel, herring and fortified foods such as spreads, milks and other dairy products
- Vitamin D intake from food vs supplements
This episode is supported by