Good health is essential for a healthy pregnancy – but there’s more to it than meets the eye. In our most recent podcast with Melanie McGrice, we uncover the key link between nutrition and fertility, and explore the impact of carrying excess body fat on sperm health, egg health, a woman’s cycle and implantation. Join us to learn more about how dietitians play an essential role in the miracle that is pregnancy.
Melanie McGrice is a dietitian with a special interest in pre and postnatal nutrition. She is the founder of Nutrition Plus which is an alliance of dietitians with a special interest in Early Life Nutrition. She runs the ‘Nourish with Melanie’ YouTube channel and is an ambassador for Compassion’s ‘Mum’s and Bub’s Clinics’ with the Nutrition Plus team sponsoring one in Tanzania.
In this episode, we discuss:
- The key lifestyle factors to consider for fertility
- The impact of excess body fat on fertility
- The role of the male’s health in fertility
- The place of VLED diets in infertility treatment
- The importance of nutritional quality for fertility
This episode is supported by OPTIFAST VLCD. New OPTIFAST VLCD Fertility Protocol now available here: https://www.optifast.com.au/resources/