Glenn Cardwell is an AdvAPD based in Perth, Australia. You may have already heard one of his episodes on this podcast or met or seen him present – he is an award winning professional speaker and author of multiple books. In the past, he has held positions in clinical dietetics, public health nutrition and as a lecturer.
Glenn is on the show today to share his journey, his sense of humour and of course give us some pearls of wisdom!
Hosted by Kate Agnew, we discuss:
– Work and life, according to Glenn Cardwell.
– Glenn’s experiences working with children in the burns unit.
– A few of the milestones in Glenn’s career: setting up Sports Dietetics in Australia and the School Canteen Association in Western Australia.
– How Glenn gains the attention of his audience when giving presentations.
– Glenn’s top tips for public speaking and delivering presentations:
Love your audience: walk into a room and be present
Turn it into a conversation
Present it as if you were at a dinner party
Tell stories that help illustrate your point and then deliver the facts
Allow people to ask questions and then emphasise your key points.
Click here to get in contact with Glenn