Jane Scott is an Advanced Accredited Practising Dietitian, Fellow of the Dietitians Association of Australia and an internationally recognised researcher in infant feeding practises and early childhood nutrition. She is currently the research professor at the School of Public Health, Curtin University, Perth, Australia.
Hosted by Glen Cardwell, we discuss:
– Jane’s career start in clinical nutrition – a knowledge based approach, at the time, and how it has changed.
– Jane’s entry into research and more specifically, infant nutritional epidemiology.
– Jane’s journey through Scotland and the start of breastfeeding rights for woman.
– Jane’s work with the United Nations and in writing the infant feeding guidelines for NHMRC.
– Jane’s current work at Curtin University: training the next generation of researchers and her current research in breastfeeding, which focusses on using an app to support fathers.
– The progress dietitians have made so far, areas to tackle for the future and how we can contribute to the evidence base by leading the research.
– Read more about Jane’s research and publications here.