Melanie is an Advanced Accredited Practising Dietitian and is the director of Nutrition Plus, a dietetic practice based in Melbourne, Australia.
She is a highly respected nutrition blogger, journalist and media personality. She is regularly invited to speak at conferences and consult to the media on a range of nutrition & dietary topics. Melanie is also a board member of the Dietitian’s Association of Australia and was previously a spokesperson for 10 years.
In addition, Melanie is the author of The pregnancy weight plan and has co-authored multiple articles in peer-reviewed journals.
In this episode, we discuss:
– The start of Nutrition Plus – uniting dietitians to work as a team – and what Melanie gets up to in her Director role.
– The key experiences that lead Melanie to start Nutrition Plus.
– Key aspects of starting a dietetic service and driving it to success.
– Building your brand and specialising in niche areas of dietetics.
– Melanie’s take on raising the profile of Accredited Practising Dietitians: standing up as a premium brand.
– Melanie’s current work: growing her business brand and her own personal brand as well as consulting to the media.
– Melanie’s daily routine for keeping up to date with the latest evidence for her media, industry and social media work.
– Nutrition in pregnancy – the opportunities for dietitians and a little bit about Melanie’s book.
– Melanie’s passion for seeing the brand of dietetics grow!
Melanie’s book: The Pregnancy Weight Plan
Click here to contact Melanie
Connect with Melanie on social media:
Twitter: @MelanieMcGrice | Instagram: @MelanieMcGrice | Facebook: MelanieMcGriceDietitian