Back to where it all began for this dream team! Podcast host Kate Agnew – Dietitian Connections Marketing & Communications Director interviews Dr Maree Ferguson. Maree is the Director and Founder of Dietitian Connection and recognised as an internationally renowned nutrition and dietetics expert. Prior to launching Dietitian Connection, Maree was the Director of Nutrition and Dietetics at the Princess Alexandra Hospital, which involved extensive recruitment experience, reading thousands of job applications and conducting hundreds of interviews over the years. Maree is passionate about inspiring dietitians to achieve their full potential and coaching dietitians to get the job they love.
In this episode, we discuss:
- What to expect when applying for a job in dietetics, what the process involves
- How important your GPA is, Maree shares her thoughts
- The key attributes and qualities interviewers look for when recruiting
- How important ex-circular activities are to stand out from the crowd
- Where you can find advertised job listings for dietitians
- How you can potentially avoid the interview process, and still land your dream job
- Maree and Kate share their personal experience of how Kate landed her dream job at Dietitian Connection
- Tips for creating a standout application and how coaching and mentoring can help
- The biggest mistakes people make when applying for jobs, what NOT to do
- Maree’s top tips pre, post and during the interview process
- The important factors to consider when using referees
- What you can do if you’re a new graduate with minimal work experience
- How to dress appropriately for an interview
- What to do if you’re having no luck securing a job in dietetics
- How you can get feedback on written job applications and support throughout the whole process with the How to Get the Job You Love course.
- Where to find resume and cover letter templates and live written feedback on your applications
- How to access mock interviews and example interview questions to prepare for interviews
- Maree shares her personal experience with a job interview gone wrong, how how she would do things differently next time
SALE now on – save $30!