Ellie Krieger is the inspiring dietitian who is forging her own successful career. Ellie is the host and executive producer of the Public Television cooking series “Ellie’s Real Good Food,” New York Times best-selling author, James Beard Foundation award winner, Washington Post weekly columnist, and leading media go-to dietitian-nutritionist. Ellie recently participated in the nutrition education initiative at the healthy kids’ fair on the White House lawn with First Lady Michelle Obama!
Maree recently had the pleasure of interviewing Ellie in the lead up to the launch of her latest cookbook, Whole In One.
In this episode, we discuss:
- What led Ellie to pursue a career in dietetics
- The inspiring story of how Ellie turned a former modelling career into becoming a successful media dietitian and publishing several books
- How Ellie used networking and pitching to land a role on The Food Network
- Ellie’s top tips for young dietitians wanting to pursue a career in the media
- Ellie shares insights about her seventh new book Whole In One
- The lessons Ellie learnt from starting her own television show and the barriers faced
- Motivating advice for dietitians and how to just go for it to achieve your goals
- How Ellie’s letter to First Lady Michelle Obama, landed her a memorable role working with the nutrition education initiative at the Healthy Kid’s fair on the White House lawn!
- Ellie’s experience prepping food with Sam Kass the White House Chef
- After an amazing career thus far, what’s next for Ellie?
- Ellie’s daily habits for success, how to have a flexible mind that translates into everyday life
- What to do when you experience career challenges and how to overcome them
- We end with a little humour, Ellie shares a story of how she accidentally lit a fire during a live TV segment!
- How you can win a FREE copy of Ellie’s new book Whole In One
CLICK HERE for your chance to WIN a copy of Ellie’s new book Whole In One
What to learn more about Ellie’s inspiring carer journey? Read more here in our latest Infuse edition