Megan is an Accredited Practicing Dietitian with a PhD in gut health from the Faculty of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences at the University of Queensland, Australia. Megan’s PhD was recognised for its contribution to science receiving the Dean’s Award for outstanding research Higher Degree and was profiled as of great relevance to the public through selection as one of nine international female success stories by Cosmopolitan.
Megan leads research at King’s College London investigating nutrition-based therapies in gastrointestinal health, including pre- & probiotics, dietary fibres, the low FODMAP diet and food additives. Megan was the recipient of the 2017 British Medical Journal Open Gastroenterology prize ‘Best clinical science abstract for oral presentation’ and the British Nutrition Foundation ‘Drummond Pump Priming Award’.
Megan runs a specialist gastrointestinal health clinic on Harley street in London and works as a consultant to food industry. This includes her current role with Leon Restaurants which involves a gut health initiative across Europe and the UK. She is also writing an evidence-based pocket guide to gut health with Penguin Life with a mission to instil greater public trust in dietitians, making evidence-base nutrition accessible to all.
In this episode, we chat to Megan about the gut health craze sweeping the globe, her past and present research and much more.
- Click here to read more about Megan’s webinar: Gut Health: the secret to happiness?
- Click here to read more about Megan’s work via Infuse digital magazine
- Probiotics and Low FODMAP diet in IBS – click here for the paper
- Predicting response to diet – click here for the paper
- Hypnotherapy vs low FODMAP diet – click here for the paper
- Megan’s 3 Minute Thesis presentation – click here to view
- To keep updated on the latest gut health news, you can connect with Megan on social media:@TheGutHealthDoctorand via her website: www.drmeganrossi.com