Glenn Mackintosh is the Founder and Principal Psychologist at Weight Management Psychology. Glenn has authored a number of self-help resources and in the past, he conducted research and lectured in the area of health psychology. You may have seen Glenn in the media; he is often interviewed about weight related topics, or perhaps you’ve met him at a professional development workshop.
He’s on the show today to discuss his passion: helping people manage their body image, eating, physical activity and weight as well as training health professionals.
Hosted by Kate Agnew, we discuss:
– What sparked Glenn’s interest in psychology
– Emotional Freedom Techniques (also known as ’Tapping’) and how it’s used in practice
– ’Psycho-dietetics’ and why dietitians and psychologists need to work together
– Collaboration, curiosity and communication for effective practice
– Glenn’s latest venture – ‘Thursday Therapy’ and how you can benefit
– Mindful eating and martial arts – how Glenn spends his free time
– #Weareallinthistogether: how we can work together to address obesity on a population level
Sign up to Glenn’s free PD in the psychology of weight management: ‘Thursday Therapy’
Click here to connect with Glenn on Facebook
Click here to listen to the Emotional Freedom Techniques for Weight Management webinar