Jemma O’Hanlon is an Accredited Practising Dietitian with a love for long macchiatos, raspberries and cacao beans. With over 10 years experience working in the food industry, Jemma is the media spokesperson at Jenny Craig and Curves and heads up the Nutrition and Product Development teams.
In previous lives, Jemma has worked for global catering organisations, food manufacturers and not-for-profit organisations where she collaborated Australia’s major retailers. Jemma is passionate about spreading the word about good food and nutrition through mainstream and social media.
Hosted by Kate Agnew, we discuss:
– Two key components of Jemma’s role: managing a team of dietitians and product development
– Jemma’s career start in Foodservice and the stepping stones that took her to working at Jenny Craig.
– Jemma’s message to new grads and student dietitians: follow your passion and interests and enjoy the ride!
– Jemma’s tips for those striving to work in the food industry: build your profile online, network, expand your knowledge of food trends and take a business minded approach.
– Essential skills for working in the food industry: be customer focused, love food and be willing to taste products, a good palate, be savvy with marketing, strong communication and interpersonal skills.
– How to put your best foot forward: be solution focussed rather than problem focussed and show a ̶can do” attitude.
– An acronym to work by: SOAR – Solutions, ownership, accountability and responsibility.
Click here to visit Jemma on Facebook