Rachel Parfitt is an APD, based in Brisbane Australia. She graduated with a Masters in Dietetics in 2015 and is currently working as a clinical dietitian. She also works for a market research group in addition to running her own business – The Nutrition Playground.
Rachel is on the show today to discuss her business and to give us an insight into how student dietitians can create job opportunities after graduating.
Hosted by Kate Agnew, we discuss:
– Birth of The Nutrition Playground: from two university students who shared a love of food and health!
– The business basics – from photography props to finance and the learning curves in between.
– The cardinal rules of starting a business: motivation, an innovative mindset, remaining open, flexibility, clear goals and willingness to change and adapt to the environment you’re in.
– Tips for maintaining integrity and professionalism.
– Market research, clinical dietetics and Rachel’s business – a balancing act of communication organisation and dietetic knowledge!
– The future of The Nutrition Playground…
– Lessons from Rachel’s journey: resilience, integrity and sticking to what you believe in!
Check out The Nutrition Playground here and connect with Rachel!