Dr Maree Ferguson is the Director of Dietitian Connection and is an Advanced Accredited Practising Dietitian, Fellow of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, and is an internationally renowned nutrition and dietetics expert.
She was previously the Director of Nutrition and Dietetics at the Princess Alexandra Hospital. Maree developed the Malnutrition Screening Tool to identify patients at risk of malnutrition, which has been implemented in many hospitals worldwide.
Maree is an invited speaker at national and international dietetic conferences and authored over 30 peer-reviewed journal articles.
Maree has been awarded the Dietitian’s Association of Australia National Award of Merit, Barbara Chester Award and the President’s Innovation Award. She also received an Australia Day Achievement Award in 2011.
Maree’s most recent achievement was starting her own business – the incredibly successful Dietitian Connection, which now has more than 4000 members from all over the world.
In this episode of the Dietetic Leader Series, we discuss:
– Maree’s background and how she got into dietetics.
– Maree’s interesting career journey, including how and why she started her business, Dietitian Connection.
– The Leadership, business and marketing opportunities that Dietitian Connection offers.
– The challenges that Maree has had to overcome since starting her business.
– What Maree’s typical work day looks like.
– The important benefits of networking and how to participate through Dietitian Connection.
– How Maree encourages creative thinking and innovation within her business.
– Embracing technology to invent your own job.
– Having the courage and confidence to speak up and stand out from the crowd.
– Maree’s top tips for business leaders.
– Surrounding yourself with inspirational people and networking for starting or even furthering your career in dietetics.
Click here to join Dietitian Connection for FREE and receive the weekly newsletter (if you haven’t already!)