- You cannot add "How to get that job webinar series" to the cart because the product is out of stock.
Please note professional development hours are applicable for Australian Continuing Education Requirements.
Based on feedback from previous Extra Virgin Olive Oil webinars, and a survey of Australian dietitians on fats and oils in 2016, this webinar will provide a science refresher on the chemical structure and active components of the main cooking oils used by Australians to then understand factors relating to storage, health benefits and cooking with different oils.
The latest research and current evidence that explains these underlying principles will be reviewed, drawing conclusions about practical advice for oils as part of a healthy diet.
This will include an update on the evidence behind polyphenols, other phytonutrients and vitamins found in EVOO and other oils.
Practical tips will be provided on how to and what volume of EVOO to include in the diet based on the current evidence and a discussion on current guidelines.
Upon completion of this module, dietitians will be able to:
1. Understand the chemical structure and active components of cooking oils and how these relate to storage, freshness, cooking and health.
2. Compare the attributes of different cooking oils to be able to make practical recommendations to clients.
3. List the active components within different oils and the associated health benefits.
4. Discuss current evidence on amount of oil to include in the diet and provide practical recommendations to clients on how to incorporate.
Scottish-born Dr Joanna McMillan is a PhD qualified dietitian and one of Australia’s favourite nutrition and healthy lifestyle experts. She is a regular on television, radio and print media, an experienced International and TEDx speaker, director of Dr Joanna and founder of the online lifestyle change program Get Lean. Joanna has authored several books, with the latest Get Lean Stay Lean just published.
Joanna is an ambassador for and nutrition consultant to Cobram Estate.
Click here to complete the quiz for your CPD log.
Click here for PDF of the presentation.
Click here for a copy of the participant questions with answers
Click here for a copy of the references from the webinar.