· Provide an overview of your existing obligations under the Privacy Act
· Review the features of the new mandatory notification scheme for data breaches
· Outline what you should do to prepare
· Discuss some recent examples of data breaches (and what they illustrate about what not to do in response to a breach).
Judith Miller is a Principal at Wrays and is the firm’s Commercial National Practice Leader. She has more than 25 years’ experience in the law, and advises clients on the full range of commercial transactions and issues, as well as managing and commercialising their IP. Judith also regularly advises clients on issues arising under the Australian Consumer Law and privacy law.
Alex Chubb is a Special Counsel in the commercial team at Wrays. She has over 10 years’ experience working in both transactional teams and litigation teams, and like Judith, often provides advice on the ACL and on privacy matters as well.
- Presented By
- Judith Miller and Alex Chubb from Wrays