Please note professional development hours are applicable for Australian Continuing Education Requirements. Webinar Description This …
Please note professional development hours are applicable for Australian Continuing Education Requirements.
The purpose of this webinar is to provide Dietitians with an introduction to the development of the intestinal microbiota in early life, the concept of dysfunctional intestinal microbiota (dysbiosis), how modification of the gut microbiota can support allergic outgrowth, and the role that prebiotics can play in influencing the microbiome of infants with cow’s milk allergy.
After listening to this webinar, you will learn;
1. What the human microbiota is and how it develops during early life
2. What role the microbiota plays in human health and how it interacts with the immune system
3. The concept of dysbiosis and how inappropriate immune responses contribute to paediatric allergy
4. How prebiotics and probiotics work together as synbiotics
5. Why synbiotics may be useful for the dietary management of conditions associated with dysbiosis of gut microbiota i.e. Cow’s milk allergy
Dr Rebecca Hill is the Deputy Scientific Director and Theme Leader for ‘Gut Health’ at the Children’s Nutrition Research Centre, The University of Queensland. She has been conducting research and publishing in the field of body composition assessment for almost two decades. Other major foci of her research are general growth and development in infancy/childhood; Inflammatory Bowel Disease; food allergy; the gut microbiome; and childhood feeding difficulties. In summary, Dr Hill has a particular interest in the gut as the major immune organ of the body and how insults to the gut environment affect later health and the development disease, for example, allergy, obesity and autoimmune conditions.
Click here to complete the quiz for your CPD log.
CPD hours are applicable for Australian and New Zealand dietitians. Check your local country requirements to …
Instagram is Australia’s fastest growing and most engaging social media network. If you own a …
Is a website really necessary? How to maximise the effectiveness of your website to achieve business goals
Is your website working effectively to achieve your business objectives? Do you have the right …