US dietitians: 1.0 CE from CDR. To obtain your CEU certificate/certificate of attendance, click the ‘Get it now’ button and follow the prompts to register. Then go to your Dashboard on your Dietitian Connection account and download the certificate for this webinar.
About the webinar:
In this webinar, you’ll learn about:
- The complexities of managing malnutrition in people who have obesity in the acute setting
- The current evidence in this area
- Malnutrition screening
- Diagnosis of malnutrition and sarcopenia and their implications
- Estimating nutrient requirements
- Nutrition intervention including nutrition support, monitoring
- How dietitians can be better advocates in this space
Please note a recording will be available following the live webinar.
About the speaker:
Louise Becroft is a senior dietitian working in upper gastrointestinal surgery in both the public and private setting in Melbourne. Louise has worked for over 10 years in the acute care setting and
specialises in bariatric surgery. Her areas of interest include nutrition delivery to optimise patient outcomes pre and post-bariatric surgery and empowering the dietetic workforce to provide superior nutrition care to obese hospitalised patients.
Louise is a PhD candidate undertaking research in the field of bedside body composition assessment tools applicable to morbidly obese populations and investigating the associated changes in body composition seen after bariatric surgery.
Supported by Nutricia
CPD/CEU hours are applicable for Australian and New Zealand dietitians. Check your local country requirements to see if you can claim for continuing education.
- Presented By
- Louise Becroft