Please note professional development hours are applicable for Australian Continuing Education Requirements. Webinar Description: In …
The presentation will highlight the multiple factors that are involved in wound care. Nutrition and hydration are a paramount component of factors that can influence wound healing. This presentation will cover the physiology of wound healing and what should be expected of the most common wounds seen in aged care settings.
The attendee will
1. be able to state the phases of wound healing
2. know some of the common terms used to describe tissue within a wound
3. be able to list 3 other factors influencing healing apart from nutrition and hydration
Please click here to complete continuing education quiz for CE points
Please click here to access PDF of presentation
Jan Rice is a Registered Nurse with many years experience in surgical nursing. Highlights include:
• In 2006 awarded Fellowship to the Australian Wound Management Association.
• Member of the Venous Leg Ulcer Guideline Implementation sub-committee.
• Member of the Pressure Injury Guidelines Development sub-committee-
• Obtained Masters in Wound Care 2009
• Runs a wound clinic in a large Metropolitan General Practice—Ashwood Medical
• Has own business acting as a consultant to over 80 aged care facilities and a resource for Divisions of General Practice and surgeons within Victoria
• Author of book chapter—Nursing in General Practice, McGraw Publications 2010
• Volunteer with Interplast –current country Solomon Islands