CPD hours are applicable for Australian and New Zealand dietitians.
This webinar forms part of a series of Gut Health Webinars.
- Cost: $40 per webinar, or $70 if you purchase both. If you would like to know more about the Gut Health Webinar series please click here.
It’s an exciting time to be a dietitian as exciting new research builds showing the links between diet, health and the microbiome. It’s not as simple as ‘good’ and ‘bad’ bacteria, nor is diet simply about meeting fibre recommendations. This webinar will update you on the topic and provide insight into future opportunities for dietitians.
- To have a basic understanding of the microbiome and its symbiotic relationship with the human host.
- To understand how the microbiota develops, key influences throughout life and how diet can alter its composition.
- To have an understanding of prebiotics and probiotics, what they are (and what does not classify) and their efficacy.
- To understand some of the different dietary strategies that may be used in the area of gut health.
About the presenter: Dr Joanna McMillan
Dr Joanna McMillan originally hails from Scotland, and came to Australia in 1999, where she won a scholarship to complete her PhD in Nutritional Science at The University of Sydney. As a dietitian and former fitness instructor, she is driven by a passion to promote the influence that diet and lifestyle have on our health and wellbeing. She is a published author, an international presenter and regular on our TV screens, including being the host for the Gut Revolution series on ABC Catalyst.
- Presented By
- Dr Joanna McMillan