- Sorry, this product cannot be purchased.
Please note professional development hours are applicable for Australian Continuing Education Requirements.
In our previous webinar we covered the research linking extra virgin olive oil and cardiovascular disease. In this webinar we look beyond these benefits to consider the associations between extra virgin olive oil and different forms of cancer, other chronic diseases and conditions including type 2 diabetes and weight control. We’ll look at the phytochemicals and nutrients present in extra virgin olive oil and compare the composition to other commonly used oils.
1. To understand the chemical composition of extra virgin olive oil and the differences with other oils, including the impact of refining.
2. To have a broad understanding of the research associating the consumption of extra virgin olive oil and chronic diseases and conditions including cancer and type 2 diabetes.
3. To look at the evidence relating extra virgin olive oil to weight control and,
4. Have understanding as to how to advise clients to use extra virgin olive in everyday cooking and food preparation
Dr Joanna McMillan
Adopted by the nation as an honorary Aussie, Dr Joanna McMillan’s ever-growing following is the result of her high profile within the media, health and fitness industries.
Having completed a Bachelor Degree in Science with First Class Honours in Nutrition and Dietetics in Scotland, Dr Joanna moved to Australia in 1999 and won a scholarship to complete her PhD with The University of Sydney.
Today, Dr Joanna is the founder of Get Lean, a regular on the Nine Network and the official nutritionist for TODAY. She is also the author of several books, has a weekly column in Sunday Life and writes for several magazines and online blogs. She is also a proud ambassador for Diabetes Australia and The Skin & Cancer Foundation.
As a trained fitness instructor, Joanna remains an avid exercise enthusiast, which she successfully juggles alongside the demands of being a mum to two very energetic boys!
Please find a copy of the presentation here
CPD questions here