Kate Di Prima is an Accredited Practising Dietitian, spokesperson for the Dietitians Association of Australia (DAA) and author of four books.
After graduating from Sydney University in 1992, she worked at the Princess Alexandra hospital and The Royal Brisbane Hospital and then for an infant formula company. She opened her first private practice just 3 years after graduating and now works in two successful private practices in Brisbane. Here, she specialises in infant, adult and family nutrition.
Kate’s particular interest is helping parents with fussy and picky eaters and filling in the nutritional gaps whilst addressing emotional and physical eating habits.
In 2007 Kate published two cookbooks. Her third book ‘More Peas Please’ was released in 2009 and provides parents with a wealth of solutions for feeding fussy eaters. Her most recent book “the 8 second secret’ was released in 2010.
Kate’s DAA spokesperson role requires her to consult to the media on a range of health and dietary related topics. Kate has appeared regularly on Television shows including Brisbane Extra, A Current Affair, Channel 9 What’s good for you?, Sunrise, the Today show, Channel 10 ‘First at Five’ News and recently Mornings with Kerri-Anne.
In addition to her monthly presentations to Health Care Professionals in Australia, she also presents at the Parents Children and Baby expos held around each state in Australia. Kate also writes 2 regular nutrition columns for Practical Parenting magazine and is frequently interviewed for newspapers and magazines.
In this episode of the Dietitians in the Media Series, we discuss:
– How Kate’s media spotlight began from her DAA spokesperson role.
– The reputable and up to date nutrition information that dietitians can provide to media personnel and why dietitians need to have a voice in the media.
– Kate’s plan for social media success in 2016 and how you can learn from her.
We also discuss business topics, such as:
– The challenges Kate has faced throughout her career and the rewarding aspects of being a dietitian into business.
– How Kate got into business and how her business stemmed from an advertisement in the local paper and running cooking classes!
– Kate’s business tips for you.