Recovery Record provides support to sufferers of eating disorders, including anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, obsessive eating disorder, binge eating disorder and compulsive eating disorder. It is a reinvention of the traditional pen-and-paper mood and food monitoring diary. It is discrete, dependable and rewarding for patients. Patient data can also be shared with care teams.
The Butterfly Foundation CEO Christine Morgan commented, “A smartphone application to support sufferers while they are in treatment could be a valuable aid to their recovery and provide an accessible and non-judgmental tool for many sufferers.” Early data suggests that the use of Recovery Record improves frequency and duration of monitoring behaviours.
– Discretely log their meals, thoughts and feelings. A password lock can be set to ensure privacy.
– Set reminder schedules and alarm tones.
– Set daily and weekly goals.
– Access affirmation messages and meditation images.
– Collect jigsaw pieces for logging meals to earn hidden rewards.
– Complete treatment modules to earn Scrapbook collectables.
– Connect with other Recovery Record users to share feelings, provide encouragement, and send and receive virtual gifts.
– Share their Recovery Record with their care team, including dietitian, psychologist, psychiatrist, medical doctor, counsellor and family members.