– 3 pears (the riper the better)
– ¾ cup Freedom Foods, Crafted Blends
– 1 tablespoon cinnamon
– ½ teaspoon nutmeg
– 2 tablespoons chia seeds
– 1 ½ cups wholemeal flour, sifted
– 2 teaspoons baking powder
– ¼ cup honey (use maple syrup if fructose intolerant)
– 2 eggs
– 1 cup Greek yoghurt, low fat
Optional Crunchy Topping:
– ½ cup Freedom Foods, Crafted Blends
– 20g pumpkin seeds
– FODMAP friendly if using maple syrup and lactose free/soy yoghurt.
Preheat oven to 180°C
Grease and line a muffin pan with grease proof paper.
In a blender, blend the pears for 30 seconds. You want most of your mixture to be soft but it is good to have a couple of larger bits to increase the flavor.
Add the rest of the ingredients to the blender and blend for 1 – 2 minutes until smooth and then pour batter into pan.
If using the crunchy topping, crush the Freedom Foods crafted blends and then sprinkle this mixture and some pumpkin seeds on top of the muffins just before going in the oven.
Place the pan on the middle shelf of the oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Stand for 5 minutes before turning onto the wire rack to cool.
I like to pair these muffins with a coffee or a piece of fruit for a delicious breakfast on the go.
Recipe by Emily Scott