An amazing opportunity presents to work alongside our Canberra Dietitian, offering community, home visits to eligible clients.
Full Time Contractor Dietitian
Fuel Your Life is seeking a dietitian to join another local dietitian within the team in Canberra. Due to continued growth we are looking to fill a full-time position of 4-5-days a week. The role covers several surrounding suburbs within Canberra and extending to the New South Wales boarder (i.e. Queanbeyan). If you are looking to be a part of a supportive, innovative team of over 25 dietitian’s lead by Senior Practitioners with a range of experiences and specialties, then this is the role for you.
New grads and experienced dietitians are welcomed to apply. It is envisaged that this position will commence early within the new year of 2019.
Fuel Your Life is fast becoming the leading provider of dietetic care to individuals across Australia in private practice and as such has recently won the 2018 Australian Small Business Champion Award for Best Health Improvement Service Business and QLD finalist for the Telstra Business Awards 2018. Our team has a focus on achieving the best results for our clients and emphasising high quality care, and this has resulted in the significant growth of the business across Australia.
Our team has a strong focus on staff support and development; doing all we can to treat all practitioners across Australia (no matter how remote) as if the entire team is local.
We do this in several ways, but from commencement you will have:
- Remote weekly (at minimum) contact with an experienced dietitian and manager
- Initial monthly face-to-face meetings and shadowing,
- Monthly team PD sessions via Zoom conferencing,
- Monthly new team member meetings
- Monthly random team member meetings with dietitians across Australia
- Access to a companywide WhatsApp chat for support and Q+A from all experienced dietitians within the company
There are also significant opportunities for fast-tracked career advancement within the company for interested applicants commensurate with skills and experience.
To be considered for the position you MUST:
- Have an interest in community and private practice dietetics
- Understand the Australian food and alcohol culture, especially male culture
- Get excited about helping those with managing their weight and chronic disease
- Enrolled in the APD program and be a Provisional or Accredited Practising Dietitian
- Full membership to Dietitians Association of Australia
- Self-confident and ambitious
- Efficient and high-level communication skills
- Comfortable working autonomously and capable of managing own workload, with remote support
- Must have a reliable car
- Be interested to grow with the company
- Public Liability and Professional Indemnity Insurance of up to $10M.
The role will commence at 4-5 days per week. The role will involve predominantly clinic and community visits, providing one on one nutrition advice. However, additional work in medical and private practice clinics, and other supplementary work may form part of the role after commencement.
The role will also involve paid marketing of the business, yourself and your skills on a regular basis to ensure the growth and longevity of your role. You will be working in conjunction with other allied health practitioners providing support to a diverse clientele.
Pay will be above award wage and will be commensurate with experience, skills and the value you can offer to our dynamic team.
To apply please send in your resume and cover letter addressing the following 2 questions in no more than 100 words per question, be as specific as possible:
1. What are your main career aspirations in the next 2 years?
2. What makes you a better dietitian for this role than other applicants?
Address to Larissa Maggs at [email protected] before COB Friday 21st December 2018.
- Please not – that interviews will be conducted prior to the closing date and a successful applicant may be offered a position before closing date therefore we encourage applications before the closing date.