Are you looking to work as part of a supported team in private practice? Do you have a special interest in supporting individuals living with eating disorders, poor relationship with food/body and related health concerns?
We are seeking a like-minded and compassionate dietitian to join our team. An opportunity to work in a growing private practice spanning ten clinic locations across Sydney’s Inner West, Sutherland Shire, Eastern Suburbs and North shore. Our approach is holistic and offers integrated care for clients.
Our mission is to create a space that supports the development of a healthy relationship with food and body through the encouragement of self-compassion and curiosity.
The role will commence with a 2-3 day casual part-time position with the potential to grow and expand the role in future. We support a flexible working schedule with days and hours negotiated to meet the needs of the successful applicant with the ability to build a sustainable and fulfilling career that suits your lifestyle.
We value team building and have a lifetime commitment to learning. This role includes mentoring and supervision from experienced private practice dietitians and sports dietitians and credentialled eating disorder clinicians, we also offer ongoing professional development and access to our library of resources and training. Our aim is to support your interests and allow you to grow in areas you are passionate about. In addition, you will be supported with training in business development, sales and marketing for successful clinic growth and job fulfilment.
- Face-to-face and telehealth consultations providing individual dietary assessment, tailored nutrition advice and ongoing support to achieve client centred goals
- Maintain patient notes using practice management software Best Practice and Halaxy
- Communication/collaboration with multidisciplinary team and composition of doctors letters and patient reports
- Nutrition research and writing – contribution to resources, newsletters, website and social media
- Professional development workshops, team building activities and individual supervision.
- Full Accredited Practicing Dietitian status and a member of the Dietitians Australia
- Personal Liability and Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Valid drivers licence and own reliable vehicle
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and as part of a collaborative multidisciplinary team
- Experience in the nutritional management of chronic diseases
- Proficient skills in medical report writing and ability to keep accurate and high standard of client records using practice management programs
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to establish and maintain strong rapport with clients and ket stakeholders
- Highly organised, reliable and adaptable
Desired Criteria (not essential to apply):
- Minimum 2-year experience in private practice (motivated and exceptional new graduates are also encouraged to apply)
- Completion of foundational eating disorder training with a dedication towards becoming an ANZAED credentialled eating disorder clinician
- A dedication to working in a compassionate, open, weight-neutral manner, and the ability to provide effective client education.
- Understanding of the Non-Diet approach, Health at Every Size (HAES) and trauma informed care
- A strong sense of client-centred care with foundational counselling skills (formal training in motivational interviewing (MI), Cognitive Behavioural Therapy-Enhanced (CBT-E), Family-Based Therapy (FBT) is desireable).
How to apply:
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, please include:
- A cover letter outlining:
- Your nutrition philosophy and approach to working with clients
- Why this role and our team appeal to you
- What key strengths you would bring to the role
- An up-to-date resume
- Optional: An example of your previous work or create something to highlight any additional skills – this can be anything from an article, blog post, recipe, video ect
Please send your completed application to Michelle – [email protected].
For further information, please contact Michelle on 0425 208 222.
Applications will be checked as received so preference will be given to those who apply first.