Seeking an experienced and highly motivated APD to join our busy nutrition practice in Sydney.
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced and highly motivated APD to join our busy nutrition practice in Chatswood. Our focus is on providing individualised nutrition & lifestyle advice to our clients to assist them in achieving optimal health & wellbeing. We have a well established referral base from local GPs and specialists and work closely with other allied health professionals.
The case load is varied, but with a strong focus on gastrointestinal nutrition, as we have established an excellent reputation in this area. There is also scope to expand the practice to specialise in other areas of interest.
You’ll be joining a team that values excellence, accountability, diversity and kindness. These values form the basis of our working culture and the way that we support our clients.
The role is part-time (initially 2 days per week), with capacity to grow if desired. Salary will be negotiated based on level of experience, and will include standard benefits (annual leave, personal leave and superannuation).
- Providing individual nutrition consultations.
- Keeping accurate client records (using Best Practice software program).
- Writing letters/corresponding with referring medical practitioners.
- Contribute to website blogs and posts on our social media pages.
- Develop or update nutrition resources for client education.
- Administration and reception support, including all billing.
- Client education resources.
- Laptop computer for use in the office.
- Training in our computer software program.
- Opportunity and support for further skills development/continuing education.
Selection Criteria – Essential:
- Full APD status and current member of DAA.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience working as an APD. Working in a private practice or clinical/hospital setting is preferred.
- Experience in the nutritional management of type 2 diabetes, insulin resistance, impaired glucose tolerance, cardiovascular disease and weight management.
- Excellent communication and counselling skills. Able to establish and maintain rapport with clients and relay suitable interventions to medical practitioners.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Highly organised, with an ability to prioritise.
- Demonstrated initiative and problem solving skills.
- Emotional intelligence and the ability to practice self care.
Selection Criteria – Desirable:
- Additional qualifications as a Credentialled Diabetes Educator.
- Successful completion of the Monash University Online FODMAP Course for Dietitians.
- Strong interest in gastrointestinal disorders such as Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Coeliac Disease, food intolerances and allergies.
- Experience in the nutritional management of eating disorders, bariatric surgery or paediatrics.
To apply, please send a cover letter addressing the selection criteria and your resume, including the details of two referees, to [email protected] by 5pm Tuesday 2 March.
For further information, or an informal chat before applying, please contact:
Marie Ward, Director and Principal Dietitian
02 9415 4845