Accelerate Nutrition is a NDIS registered private practice based in Melbourne, specialising in disability specific nutrition, chronic disease management, gastrointestinal disorders and sports nutrition. We are looking for a passionate and experienced dietitian to join our expanding team, to provide mobile dietetics services to NDIS participants.
About Accelerate Nutrition
- We are a NDIS registered private practice based in Melbourne, specialising in disability specific nutrition, chronic disease management, gastrointestinal disorders and sports nutrition.
- Clinic locations in Glenroy and Dandenong while also providing mobile and online consultations.
- We are a growing team of passionate Dietitians. It is our mission to help NDIS participants achieve their wellness goals, while boosting independence and self-esteem.
About the Dietitian Role
- We are looking for a passionate and experienced dietitian to join our expanding team, to provide mobile dietetics services to NDIS participants.
- This is a contractor position. Hours are flexible depending on your availability.
- May include seeing clients in their home, group home or larger residential facility. Locations vary across Melbourne most travel is within our clinic regions (East, South-East, Northern and Western suburbs). Travel time will be compensated. Option to provide phone or telehealth consultations as appropriate.Caseload will include adults and children with disabilities.
- Common referral reasons include weight management, chronic disease management, gastrointestinal issues, PEG feeding, malnutrition, dysphagia and texture modified diets, fussy eating, faltering growth or independence with cooking and meal planning.
- Dietitian will manage home visits appointments in online booking system, thus can be booked in to compliment an existing workload.
- Assess and manage clients, providing dietetic advice and nutrition interventions that improve functional independence and quality of life.
- Provide face-to-face or telehealth consultations to clients in their home, group home or larger residential facility.
- Provide tailored nutrition education to clients, carers and care staff as required.
- Client documentation in practice management software – integrated system used for client notes and bookings.
- Ensure appropriate written and verbal communication with multidisciplinary team as required, including timely reports and nutrition plans. Key stakeholders include NDIS support coordinators, carers and family members, allied health and medical team members.
- Communicate and work collaboratively with the team to ensure best practice and integrated client care.
Examples of Nutrition Services provided
- Personalised consultations and meal plans for a range of food, nutrition and medical concerns.
- Nutrition assistance with special diets for those with swallow or chewing impairments.
- Dietary management of gastrointestinal disorders and food intolerances/allergies.
- Management of enteral nutrition regimes (e.g. PEG feeding).
- Fussy / picky eating or limited dietary intake.
- Nutrition for recovery of wounds and skin pressure injuries.
- Nutrition for optimising healthy growth of children and adolescents.
- Management of weight loss/gain impacting on quality of life and physical or social function.
- Guidance with menus and meal planning for group homes and larger facilities, including training and education with carers and support staff.
- Cooking and nutrition workshops for groups or individuals.
- Supermarket tours/workshops and developing independence with food services.
Benefits and perks
- Make a real difference to client’s lives and see the impacts of your interventions.
- Support from other company Dietitians with experience working in disability and other sectors.
- Flexible work environment – choose your own hours, manage your own schedule and work independently.
- Varied and challenging caseload.
- Monthly professional development sessions with dietetics team
- 1:1 calls with clinical supervisors
- Tertiary qualification in Dietetics
- Accredited Practising Dietitian with Dietitians Australia (DA)
- National Police Check
- Working With Children Check
- Valid driver’s licence and own vehicle
- NDIS Worker Screening Clearance (or willing to obtain)
- Have public indemnity and liability insurance (or willing to obtain)
- Have ABN number
Inquiries: Julian Rosenstein Ph: 0431379237
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send a CV and cover letter to [email protected]