New Body New Life Nutrition is seeking a passionate Dietitian to join our established team in a subcontractor position for 1-2 days/week.
New Body New Life Nutrition is excited to be offering a Private Practice Contract Position for commencement in July 2018.
New Body New Life Nutrition is an established private practice adopting a Non-Diet and Health at Every Size® (HAES®) approach to weight management. We provide an evidenced-based Non-Diet/HAES® approach and Medical Nutrition Therapy to individuals across our nine locations in Brisbane.
We are currently seeking applications from motivated dietitians to join our team. The position will be based within Brisbane’s southern suburbs and will commence with 1-2 days per week with half or full day clinics, with the opportunity to increase hours for the successful applicant. Administration support, supervision and a well-established patient caseload will be accessible. It is expected that the contracted Dietitian will continue networking efforts to grow and expand such referral pathways.
A broad range of nutritional expertise is required across the range of conditions including (but not limited to) weight management, diabetes, heart disease and gastrointestinal health.
Enthusiasm, exceptional time management, strong communication skills and the ability to engage clients is paramount in the success of this position.
Role Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Provide individual dietetic assessment, education and management for clients with dietary and other health conditions.
- Display confidence and the ability to collaborate and build positive working relationships with doctors, allied health professionals, practice nurses and clinic staff.
- Provide reports and letters to referring doctors (or relevant health care providers) in a timely manner.
- Complete accurate, detailed and timely records of sessions and interactions with clients and their families/carers.
- Complete all data entry and administrative tasks in a timely manner.
- Desire to work unsupervised in a private practice setting with the ability to increase client referrals to assist in increasing own income stream (pay based on a per-patient seen basis).
The successful applicant will:
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Nutrition and Dietetics from a recognised university/ institution.
- Be eligible for membership with the Dietitian’s Association of Australia and their APD program.
- Hold Professional Indemnity and Public Liability Insurance.
- Be a registered Health Care Provided with Medicare, DVA and private health insurers.
- Hold a current ABN.
- Hold a current drivers licence and have access to own reliable transport.
- Ideally have some experience in private practice, along with having experience with Healthkit practice management software (but not essential). A keen desire to further develop their own skills in chronic disease and the private practice setting is favourable.
- Have a Health at Every Size® (HAES®) and Non-dieting approach to dietary and weight management.
- The successful applicant will be available for voluntary (unpaid) training in the lead up to the commencement of the unsupervised, paid role.
How to apply:
Please email your cover letter and resume to [email protected] by COB Thursday May 31st. For further information, please contact Gemma Lillis at the abovementioned email or by calling 0466 376 726.