Ever thought you’d like the ability to work when suits you and your family?
We are a very busy
Company / Location: Southern Sydney Dietetics, Pty, Ltd
SS Diets (previously Southern Sydney Dietetics) is a well established, well respected team of private practice dietitians who provide services within Southern Sydney area (Kogarah and Sutherland). We strongly believe in evidence based practice, practical strategies delivered by experienced clinicians. This position will have a focus on all areas of dietetic care with a particular focus on managing clients with a disability. This position will suit someone with a strong interest in nutritional counselling and motivational interviewing.
All levels of experience are welcome to apply, including but not limited to New Graduates, with a sliding scale of pay based on career experience.
Our wait list is currently too long and we need your help!
The current position is casual, starting at around 5 – 10 hours per week (must be available at least 2 week days and Saturday mornings). Pay is pro-rata and the rate is negotiable based on level of experience.
You will provide:
- Nutrition consultations with clients.
- Compiling reports to referring doctors as medico-legally required
- Relationship building with existing and new referral sources as appropriate
- Development of social media and newsletter content regularly
We will provide:
- Administration and reception support
- Client education resources
- Office space and IT resources
- Strong and busy patient and referral base
- Marketing and advertising of both your individual and our team services
- Full DAA Membership status (APD)
- Able to work at least 2 week day (hours negotiable) and Saturday mornings
2. Ability to provide consultation to clients one-on-one in private practice setting, with a strong focus on rapport building, motivational interviewing and counselling skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple clients, back to back, during clinic sessions (times and day of work are flexible), with strong time management skills.
4. Experience in all areas of chronic disease management, particularly metabolic syndrome.
- Good knowledge and up to date opinions on current “food trends”, social media messages and cooking/meal preparation strategies.
6. Highly organised, able to work independently, reliable and flexible
- Professional presentation and documentation style.
- Ability to listen and respond to constructive feedback
- Strong experience in the private or out patient setting
- Experience with menu review and or development including recipe specifications
- Experience in managing clients with a disability will be highly regarded.
- Willing to travel to see clients in the home situation as required.
If you meet the criteria and are interested in this position, please send your application, including CV, cover letter & referees, advising how you meet the essential criteria.