Part- or full-time role. Flexible working options available.
Nutrition Research Australia (NRAUS) are looking for a highly motivated Nutrition Scientist to join our fast-growing business. Your role will be to conduct high quality research for our clients in the area of health & nutrition, which includes industry, NGOs and government. The role is challenging and rewarding and will draw upon your strong research and analytical skills.
What You’ll Do
- Be a key contributor to clinical trials in the areas of health and nutrition
- Lead the delivery of nutrition science reports, including scoping of the science, scientific reports, dietary modelling and interpretation of the literature
- Conduct systematic literature reviews, including those required for health claim substantiation in line with the current Food Standards Code
- Be involved in data interpretation
- Prepare scientific manuscripts for publication in peer-review journals
- Present our research at scientific conferences
Who you are
This position is for a nutrition scientist or accredited dietitian with established skills and experience in nutrition research. The role will be based from home initially and suits someone who is highly self-motivated, with the ability to work well independently when required. We’re a fast-growing business that cares deeply for the health of the planet, and we’re looking for someone that shares this passion.
Essential qualification, skills and experience:
- PhD in nutrition or related discipline
- Experience with systematic literature reviews
- High level analytical and statistical skills
- Self-motivated and driven
Preferential qualification, skills and experience:
- Registered Nutritionist or Accredited Practising Dietitian
- Translating science into simple messages
- Strong written communication skills, including scientific manuscripts
- Excellent time management skills
- Experience presenting at scientific conferences
NRAUS is an independent nutrition research and communications company, with a focus on conducting research with scientific excellence and integrity while delivering high quality results. We are independent, credible and have expertise in nutrition research and its communication and have been operating for nearly a decade. Our team is highly respected in the nutrition community and we are published authors who understand industry needs and have developed close relationships with key opinion leaders in health and wellness in Australia.
Culture is important to us and we value living healthy, meaningful and connected lifestyles; and we offer a flexible working environment and actively encourage sustainable ways of working to enable this. The role will also provide you with an opportunity to work with and be mentored by leading industry experts and provides potential opportunities to travel and present at various nutrition conferences across the country.
How to Apply
Send your resume and a cover letter that addresses the listed criteria via email to: [email protected] before COB Friday 23 August 2019.
For further information about the position please contact Dennis Xenos, Executive Chair, at [email protected].