I’m a Dietetics Student at the University of Queensland looking to pursue a Nutrition/Dietetic Internship during my Masters degree in 2023-24.
I’m Alannah Woodrow, a Nutritionist and a Master of Dietetics Studies Student at the University of Queensland, beginning in February 2023.
- I’m a conscientious, motivated, and ambitious Nutrition Professional with a high attention to detail.
- For over 3 years I worked in High Performance Sport at the Queensland Academy of Sport where I developed strong skills in sports management, administration, reception, communication, and sports nutrition.
- My other professional experience is in sales, food preparation and safety, and customer service as a previous team member at Petbarn and Kentucky Fried Chicken.
Reason for posting:
- I am searching for an opportunity to complete a Dietetic/Nutrition Internship or other volunteering opportunities in 2023/24
As a Nutrition/Dietetics Intern, I can offer the following skills that could be helpful to you and your business/practice:
- Administration Skills – making client bookings, managing client enquiries
- Dietitian Support – assist with printing, filing and managing resources
- Content Support – utilising Canva to create social media content that promotes nutrition
- Developing recipes
- Providing food photography skills
- Comparing the energy content of home-made meals to common takeaways in a resource
- Conducting a research/literature review on Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Assisting with rescuing food from food outlet donors, ensuring it doesn’t go into landfill and distributing that rescued food to charities in need.
- Learnings from having completed 30 hours of shadowing Dietitians treating a range of clients
- Preparing and delivering sports nutrition and general education cooking sessions
- Establishing and monitoring a sports nutrition environment, including hydration, food service, administration, athlete supplementation
- Creating nutrition education recipe resources targeted at elite athletes
- The ability to provide support as a nutrition assistant when conducting skinfolds
- Completing data entry into athlete management systems/patient information systems to track athletes’ nutrition performance
- Conducting a post-season evaluation of a sports nutrition program
- Developing pre-season nutrition/food plans for athletes using the FoodWorks Database system that’s evidence-based and sport-specific
- Developing factsheet resources on specific health conditions, such as Relative Energy Deficiency in Sport (RED-S) and Low Energy Availability (LEA)
I am Brisbane based but I do ave the ability to travel.
If my skillset could benefit you and your business/practice, I would really like to hear from you! I can be contacted at 0438 509 463 or [email protected]