We are looking for 2-3 dietitians to join our team whilst the chief dietitian is on maternity leave. This position will suit someone who is looking for extra work in the private practice field from January 2018- July 2018 with potential to extend.
The successful applicants will receive training and mentoring in working in a private practice setting. Training start day commences in early December. New graduates are welcome to apply.
The clinical caseload is one-on-one consultation services across 10 clinic locations with either weekly or fortnightly sessions. For the list of locations, please see the Contact page of Justeatnutrition.com
All practice locations are well-established, with a solid referral base from local GPs. The client caseload includes chronic disease management (primarily diabetes, heart disease and weight management), IBS/IBD (including the Low FODMAP Diet), and coeliac disease.
Some clinics’ administration duties include making and confirming client appointments, Medicare billing and invoicing clients will be taken care of. It is a flexible job with ability to increase own income at desired rate (pay based on a per-patient seen basis).
Key Selection Criteria
The successful applicant will:
- Have a Master or Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition and Dietetics, and current APD status with DAA.
- Have own ABN, professional liability and indemnity insurance (including DVA coverage).
- Have a current Driver’s License and car, and commit to the location travel associated with the position.
- Possess and apply knowledge of evidence based treatment, management and research about a wide range of dietetic health issues and diseases including diabetes, obesity, malnutrition, cardiovascular disease, IBS/IBD and coeliac disease. This includes the ability to measure and assess a clients’ diet history, along with interpreting biochemistry and anthropometric data.
- Have the ability to communicate clearly to clients and referring medical staff through verbal (one on one, informal conversations) and non-verbal (doctor’s letters) means.
- Have excellent time management skills and demonstrated ability to practice independently.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills; be approachable, demonstrate ability to build rapport, and actively engage in helping clients with their health issues.
If you would like to apply for this position within, please complete the following documents:
1. Cover letter addressing the above Key Selection Criteria and preferences of locations
2. Resume (including two professional referees)