Yakult Honsha Co. Ltd. is a major Japanese beverage manufacturer with a substantial manufacturing plant in Victoria, Australia. Since the Australian Company launched the unique fermented milk drink “Yakult” on February 1994, the Company has experienced huge success, which has resulted in branch operations in all states of Australia.
An opportunity currently exists to join the Yakult Australia Public Relations team as a permanent full-time Dietitian at our Head Office in Dandenong. The role will report to the Head of Public Relations Department.
As this is an entry-level position, the role may suit a recent graduate. Yakult, Australia will provide on-the-job training and product knowledge. Experience within the FMCG industry will be highly regarded but is not essential.
Key duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Provide nutrition and scientific presentations to community groups, businesses, schools, and health professionals, to deliver information regarding nutrition, health and Yakult benefits
- Respond to technical, scientific and general product inquiries regarding probiotics, nutrition, and Yakult
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant food legislation, front of pack labeling and advertising guidelines as required by the “Australian New Zealand Food Standards Code” and “CODEX.”
- Translate scientific research and information into easy to read resources, brochures, and presentations for both consumers and health professionals
- Potential opportunity to assist Yakult Australia Pty Ltd in clinical research and to coordinate such trials
- Able to manage ad-hoc tasks while working in a team setting
- Some travel required in attending health professional conferences and training sessions (this includes the organizing and set-up of trade displays, sponsorship events, and exhibitions)
- Manage Yakult’s health professional and consumer websites, including supporting our social media channels as part of a team
- Opportunity to participate as a member of relevant professional organizations such as the Dietitians Association of Australia (DAA).
The successful candidate must:
- Have completed tertiary qualifications in the field of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Be a member or be eligible for registration as an Accredited Practicing Dietitian (APD) through the Dietitians Association of Australia (DAA)
- Hold a current driver’s license
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to write, edit and compile scientific articles/reports
- Able to prepare and deliver talks and presentations confidently
- Work well as part of a team and in prioritizing individual tasks
- Have excellent communication skills and confidence in addressing queries from other health professionals and other industry partners
Interviews will be conducted immediately with an anticipated start date soon after.
To apply for this role, please click the “Apply” button below.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified
Applications/inquiries from recruitment agencies will not be considered.