We current have the opportunity for an enthusiastic Dietitian to join our Allied Health team. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to experience a varied caseload including general medical, rehabilitation and surgical.
As a Dietitian your responsibilities will include:
- Managing a sole-therapist workload to deliver a high level nutrition and dietetic clinical services to all patients at the Peninsula Private Hospital across the continuum of care in accordance with professional and ethical standards.
- Liaison with the multidisciplinary team and providing direction where appropriate with respect to assessment, monitoring and planning patients’ nutritional support.
- Provision of a high quality nutrition service whilst in hospital and appropriate discharge planning.
- Initial patient assessment for patients identified as at risk through malnutrition screening on admission.
- Organising and monitoring patients nutrition support to ensure a high quality nutrition service both for the inpatient and ongoing following discharge.
- Provision of inservice training to clinical and non-clinical staff and education for patients and their carers.
- Keeping accurate documentation in patient records.
- Liaising with food service staff regarding adequacy of menus, conducting audits, and implementing quality improvement activities.