New Body New Life Nutrition is seeking a passionate Dietitian to cover a 2 week locum, with the opportunity for the position to be extended to a subcontractor role for the successful applicant.
The majority of this role will include individual consultations in a clinical setting. A broad range of nutritional expertise is required across a range of conditions including (but not limited to) weight management, diabetes, heart disease and gastrointestinal health. The role will involve some administrative tasks such as writing doctors letters, using HealthKit for patient records, billing, booking and confirming appointments.
This position will offer the successful applicant an established patient caseload. It is expected that the contracted Dietitian will continue networking efforts to grow and expand such referral pathways.
We are looking for a passionate self-motivated Dietitian who loves working with people and helping clients improve their health and quality of life. Strong communication skills, time management, being approachable and the ability to engage clients is paramount in the success of this position.
Role Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Provide Dietetic assessment, education and management for clients with dietary and other health conditions.
- Display confidence and ability to build positive working relationships with doctors, allied health professionals, practice nurses and clinic staff.
- Provide reports and letters to referring GP’s or relevant health care providers involved in the client’s care.
- Complete accurate, detailed and timely records of sessions and interactions with clients and their families/carers.
- Complete all data entry and administrative tasks in a timely manner.
- Desire to work in a private practice setting, and willing to work to increase client referrals to assist in increasing own hours.
The successful applicant will:
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Nutrition and Dietetics from a recognised university/institution and is eligible for membership with the Dietitian’s Association of Australia.
- Hold Professional Indemnity and Public Liability Insurance.
- Hold a current ABN.
- Need to become a registered Health Care provider with Medicare, DVA and private health insurers.
- Hold a current drivers licence and have access to own reliable transport.
- Ideally has some experience in Private Practice, along with having experience with Healthkit practice management software (but not essential). A keen desire to further develop their own skills in chronic disease and the private practice setting is favourable.
- It is desirable but not essential for the successful applicant to have a HAES® (Health at Every Size®) and Non-dieting approach to dietary management.
14th August 2017.
The successful applicant will be available for training during July prior to commencing the paid role.
How to apply:
Please email your cover letter and resume to [email protected] by COB Friday July 7th. For further information, please contact Gemma Lillis at the above mentioned email or by calling 0466 376 726.