Work from home anywhere in Australia
To lead the DC team to deliver products and services to inspire and empower DC members to realize their professional dreams, through channels such as e-newsletters, podcasts, webinars, resources, digital magazine, events, website and social media.
Founded in 2012, Dietitian Connection’s (DC) vision is to inspire and empower dietitians to realise their dreams. DC is the trusted source of learning for busy dietitians around the world via our multi-media channels, including weekly e-newsletter, e-magazine, social media, webinars, podcasts, resources and events. We help to keep our members in touch and at the forefront of the field of nutrition. We also partner with food and medical nutrition brands to deliver tailored solutions for engaging with dietitians.
As part of our growth, we are now looking for a COO to join our team and partner with the Director of DC to bring their vision to life.
Inspire – We have the courage to dream big. We show our community what is possible in the world of nutrition. We help our community think differently.
Innovate – We seek to understand our community’s needs to develop new ideas and solutions. We remain agile in ever-changing environments. We take cues from the micro and macro environments around us to evolve. We value creativity and imagination.
Collaborate – We achieve greater outcomes together. We recognise the value that each person contributes. We celebrate successes.
Debate – We welcome diversity of opinion, experience and ideas. We feel comfortable challenging the status quo. We provide a safe space to listen, understand and respectfully discuss ideas.
Excellence – We strive to exceed expectations. We commit to continuous improvement. We value feedback.
Lifelong learning – We commit to growth and development. We ask questions when we are unsure. We help our profession grow.
The COO will be responsible for the successful delivery of day-to-day operations as well as creating and executing strategic direction. You will lead the team and encourage maximum performance whilst maintaining the highest level of integrity and leading by example whilst ensuring compliance with regulations.
Other responsibilities include:
- Collaborating with the Director of DC in setting and driving organizational vision, operations strategy and resource needs
- Translating strategy into actionable steps for growth, implementing goal setting and annual operations planning
- Partnering with the Director of DC on all operational and strategic issues as they arise; provide strategic recommendations to the Director of DC based on financial analysis and projections, cost identification and allocation, and revenue/expense analysis.
- Maintaining strong corporate governance, including compliance with regulations, budget, and risk management (legal/insurance oversight including reviewing contracts and seeking legal advice, if required)
- Setting sales targets with sales team and monitoring sales performance with tracking software
- Preparing detailed updates and forecasts
- Oversight of marketing strategies and implementation of marketing initiatives
- Recruiting, onboarding, professional development, performance management and retention of the team
- Creating a high performing inclusive team culture
- Managing performance, including leading performance reviews and managing underperformance, if needed.
You have strong leadership capability with demonstrated effective people management skills and personal integrity. You have an understanding of working in a startup culture and an appetite for business. You’re a visionary that thinks global, and a high achiever who’s driven, always willing to learn and uses your initiative. You will also have:
- Previous Senior Leadership Experience
- Demonstrated experience in improving business efficiency, growing and diversifying revenue sources and improving profitability
- Well-developed organizational, prioritisation and time management skills
- The ability to work in a fast paced and growth environment
- Excellent communicator, both orally and in writing
- Experience with data analysis and performance metrics
- Ability to diagnose problems quickly and forsee potential issues
- Ability to use technology with confidence, including ability to use Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Understanding of regulatory and legal issues
- Eligible to work in Australia and have permanent residency
- Qualification in Nutrition and Dietetics
- Experience in nutrition, food or pharmaceutical industry or healthcare sector
The role is 35 hours (home based from anywhere in Australia), we don’t work Friday afternoons. We offer a competitive remuneration package. Please refer to role description here
To find out more about Dietitian Connection and what we can offer you please see Join the team.pdf
If this role appeals to you, you meet the above criteria and you think you would be a good fit for Dietitian Connection, then please submit your resume and a cover letter addressing the following questions by COB 12 June 2023 to [email protected]:
- How you meet the criteria
- What value can you bring to Dietitian Connection