A dual qualified Dietitian/Exercise Physiologist position is available in South East QLD with Healthy Lifestyles Australia. The successful applicant will be required to provide high level exercise physiology and dietetic services to patients within medical centers and gyms. This is a clinical leadership position and requires the applicant to provide support to other clinicians within the team on complex cases when required.
We look forward to reviewing your application.
Healthy Lifestyles Australia – Clinical Lead, Dietitian/Exercise Physiologist
Position: 1x Full Time Dual Qualified Dietitian/Exercise Physiologist (DAA and ESSA Accredited)
Duration: 2 month contract with possibility of extension for outstanding work
Location: Encompassing Brisbane, Ipswich, Toowoomba, Darling Downs, and Hervey Bay
Qualifications Required: Accredited through Exercise and Sports Science Australia (ESSA) and the Dietitians Association or Australia (DAA). Accreditation as a Sports Dietitian is highly desirable.
Salary: $60,000-$90,000 (based on level of experience)
Closing date for applications: Monday 29th April 2019 @ 9am
Healthy Lifestyles Australia (HLA) has been providing dietetic, diabetes educator, and exercise physiology services in Queensland for the past 10 years. HLA practitioners currently service more than 120 rural and metropolitan medical centres. The practitioners specialize in chronic disease management and prevention however they can assist in a wide variety of cases (e.g. sports nutrition, aged care consultation, work cover, public speaking, cooking demonstrations and supermarket tours). HLA’s mission is to promote healthy lifestyles in the Australian population and to prevent and manage chronic disease through physical activity and nutrition.
- The successful applicant will be required to provide exercise physiology and dietetic services to patients within medical centres, and gyms.
- This is a clinical leadership position and requires the applicant to provide support to other clinicians within the team on complex cases when required.
- Flexibility within a private practice roles is important with long term commitment to the workload and patients
- Providing one-on-one consultation with the patient where you will offer evidence based exercise physiology and nutritional advice; and treatment in the areas of chronic disease prevention and management, health and fitness, and musculoskeletal health.
- Measuring and assessing the patients exercise and diet history and fitness levels along with interpreting biochemistry and anthropometric data.
- Providing high level support to fellow clinicians including clinical debriefs, clinical sit-ins and delivering timely feedback.
- Facilitating and instructing community nutrition sessions and community exercise classes where required
- Public Speaking – presenting informative talks about a range of health topics on nutrition and exercise/physical activity where required
- Be a likeable person who can provide a high quality/senior level of Exercise Physiology and Dietetic services to ensure client retention
- Travelling to the required service delivery location (Medical centre, gym, or pool), arriving on time consistently and providing exemplary service to your clients.
Benefits of Working for HLA
- Stepping into an existing patient list
- Having the ability to function independently with support of a full time administration team
- Monthly professional development meetings, and quarterly team meetings to promote team cohesiveness
- Attractive Salary plus Superannuation (9.5%)
- Incentives and bonuses available for outstanding work related achievement
- Systems, policies, and procedures tried and tested and in place to ensure a fulfilling and supportive working environment
- Meeting a range of doctors and practice staff on a regular basis
Key Selection Criteria
Please address the following ‘Key Selection Criteria’ in your application (no more than 2 A4 pages):
PLEASE NOTE: New Graduates are welcome to apply however experience will be of value.
The Successful Applicant will:
- Be accredited through Exercise & Sports Science Australia (ESSA) and Dietitians Association of Australia (DAA). Accreditation as a Sports Dietitian through Sports Dietitian Australia (SDA) is highly desirable.
- Have a current Drivers License, and car, and be committed to the travel associated with the position.
- Possess and apply knowledge of evidence based treatment, management and research about a wide range of health issues and diseases including diabetes, obesity, allergies and intolerances, weight loss, cardiovascular disease and musculoskeletal disorders, applicable in the field of exercise physiology and dietetics.
- Experience performing Skin Fold Tests
- Be able to communicate clearly to patients, administration staff, co-workers and medical staff through verbal (one on one, public speaking presentations and informal conversations) and non-verbal (doctor’s letters and action plans) means.
- Have excellent time management skills and demonstrate their ability to practice independently.
- Be committed to developing their skills within the position and immersing oneself in a positive longer-term commitment to Healthy Lifestyles Australia whilst applying flexibility required for a private practice position with multiple clinics.
- Have great interpersonal skills; be approachable, demonstrate ability to build rapport, and actively engage in helping patients with their health issues.
- Experience assisting fellow clinicians with complex clinical cases, including debriefing and offering sound evidence based advice.
If you would like to apply for this position with Healthy Lifestyles Australia please complete the following documents and address to Tegan Douglas (HR Manager). Email application to [email protected]
- Cover letter
- Letter addressing key selection criteria
For more information on HLA please visit www.healthylifestylesaustralia.com