The Science of Weight Loss: Dispelling Diet Myths is a free 6-week online nutrition course that dispels common myths about weight loss and teaches the science behind healthy eating for a healthy weight. The course was developed by nutrition researchers at the University of Newcastle and was designed for those supporting someone trying to lose weight.
Course content includes:
- Key weight management concepts including measuring body composition, calories and kilojoules, energy density, portion size, and metabolic rate
- The nutritional composition of different foods
- How to use dietary assessment tools and calculate energy requirements
- How to identify features of fad diets and healthy diets
- Key behaviours for successful long term maintenance of lost weight