No matter what stage you are at with your dietetic career, applying for positions, addressing criteria and interviewing never feels easy. Rhiannon Barnes has read more than 5,000 applications, interviewed hundreds of professionals (not just dietitians!) and written even more interview questions — all, to recruit the right person, for the right job. During this workshop, Rhiannon will share insights and perspectives, drawing upon her 15+ years of experience. She will teach you how to draw out our strengths and examples that will set you apart from the crowd, make you shine and showcase the best version of yourself in the “How to Get That Job” stream at Dietitians Unite 2019.
100% of previous attendees rated ̶How to get that job” as ‘excellent’ or ‘very good’, with more than 65% rating the workshop excellent.
Feedback from previous attendees:
- The content of the workshop was highly valuable and filled with many take home messages. There were action points provided that could be applied during the job hunt, but also whilst I am still studying. Both positive and negative examples were provided which made the presenters realistic and worked well to assure us that everyone is human. Well worth the attendance!
- An honest, well put together and insightful workshop that I would consider essential for dietetic students, graduates and even professionals looking to refresh their job seeking skills.
- I would highly recommend the workshop and I found it extremely beneficial compared to other job workshops because it is specific to dietetics. It allowed me to identify specific aspects of my resume and selection criteria responses that I could improve to ensure that my application stands out from the crowd. The interview tips were invaluable and it was great that they included advice on what to do before, during and after the interview.
We’ve poured heaps of planning and resources into this year’s workshops to make them even better, and we’re expecting similar raving reviews – and for the workshops to sell out quickly.
Our workshops will cover:
• Performing under pressure: intense interview preparation, including mock interview practice, to help you ace those tough questions
• Communicating like a champion: ensuring any job-related communications showcase you in your best light, from cover letters to applications, to phone calls of inquiry and followup
• Creating a compelling brand story: identifying your unique strengths, and presenting them in a compelling and consistent matter to potential employers
• Identifying your career path: determining what jobs are best suited for your ability, for where you want to go and for the current job market conditions
• Leveraging your network: maximising professional networking tools so that you can cast a wider net of opportunities – and enable others to help you find that job
…and much more, in a small-group, hands-on setting with lots of individual feedback.
Cost: $169 + gst