This practical, evidence-based online training will help you effectively manage clients who are struggling to adopt healthier behaviours. Health coaching increases the chances of patients implementing and maintaining health behaviour change, achieving better outcomes and greater satisfaction for both patients and practitioners.
Incorporation of the health coaching framework into primary care can improve patient outcomes. Learn simple strategies to transform your client’s mindset and move them towards change.
What we cover in this training:
- The coaching mindset and principles
- Evidence for a coaching approach in primary care
- Effective questioning and communication techniques to facilitate change
- Strategies to increase and maintain motivation
- Supporting clients to overcome barriers and challenges
- Exploring resistance and reluctance to change
- How to shift responsibility for action from the health professional to the client
- Supporting clients to set goals and take action
- 8 interactive webinars (recordings available on demand)
- Practice coaching sessions and feedback
- Downloadable handouts and client resources
Dates – 27th October-15th December
Time – 7pm (1-hour weekly webinars)
Cost – $600
Shivaun Conn, Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD), Accredited Nutritionist (AN), Health Coach, Certified Trainer and Assessor, Director of Discovery Health Coaching, and Accredited Health Coaching Australia, co-author of the nationally accredited Victoria University Diploma of Health Coaching, and Vice President of the Australasian Society of Lifestyle Medicine.
Sharon Curtain, Dietitian, Health Coach, Certified Trainer and Assessor, Trained Facilitator, Director of Accredited Health Coaching Australia and creator and author of the nationally accredited Victoria University Diploma of Health Coaching.
Information about this course and other health coaching courses can be found via our website: https://www.accreditedhealthcoaching.com.au/online-courses or email Sharon or Shivaun: [email protected]