Registered health professionals working with clients using insulin therapy, in particular dietitians including recent new graduates, are encouraged to attend this online event.
This program will be delivered online via Zoom conferencing.
People managing diabetes using insulin therapy benefit from dietary education in relation to their carbohydrate intake and timing of meals and snacks.
This online program will provide an overview of how you can help clients identify and understand the impact of their dietary choices on their blood glucose and the relationship to insulin therapy.
The afternoon will be facilitated by experienced Accredited Practising Dietitians who work with clients managing type 1 and type 2 diabetes using various insulin regimes including insulin pumps.
Please note: teaching carbohydrate counting skills is not the focus of this program.
Topics will include:
- Identifying carbohydrate in food and beverages
- Suggested distribution of carbohydrates across meals and snacks in relation to different insulin therapy regimes
- When and what to suggest to clients regarding carbohydrate counting
- Available client resources
- Practical case study examples of people managing T1 and T2 diabetes on different insulin regimes.
This live program is to be delivered at the following times throughout 2021:
- Tuesday 22 June 1:00pm- 4:00pm AEST (register here)
- Wednesday 17 November 1:00pm-4:00pm AEST (register here)
If you have any questions please contact [email protected]