This program is suitable for Dietitians, including new graduates, working with people with diabetes.
This program will be delivered online via Zoom conferencing.
This half day online program will step you though the process of carbohydrate counting, helping you to gain tools and skills to support clients living with diabetes.
The program will be facilitated by experienced Accredited Practising Dietitians who work with clients managing type 1, type 2 and gestational diabetes using various insulin regmines, including insulin pumps.
Each registrant will receive a complimentary hard-copy of the ‘Baker Institute Carbohydrate Counting Grams’ booklet.
Topics will include:
- Carbohydrate counting process
- Carbohydrate counting using exchanges
- Carbohydrate counting in grams for flexible insulin therapy and insulin pump therapy
- Using food tables, online food databases and smart phone apps
- Calculation of carbohydrate in meals and recipes, and for eating out
- Tools and tips for weighing and measuring food and drink.
For APDs: This program can be considered for up to 3 professional development hours, provided it is relevant to your DA learning goals.
$175 (Fee includes GST)
Early bird $150 (Fee includes GST)
Early bird applies if paid in full by Friday 30 April 2021.
If you have any questions please contact Amy at [email protected]