1. Order a side dish of vegetables. If it’s fair game at the buffet, who’s stopping you from raiding the salads or roast vegetables?
2. Trim the visible fat off your meat.
3. Stop when you are full. It’s easy to get carried away when you’re surrounded by local delicacies, but pay attention to your hunger signals.
4. Focus on portion size. Aim to match your portion size to the size you would eat at home. Then take it slowly — it’s not a race [unless you’re in a pizza-pie-eating comp].
5. Get out and explore – holidays are a great time to rack up the ̶incidental”, or unplanned, activity (sightseeing is great exercise).
6. Alternate your booze with a glass of water.
7. Relax and have fun; holidays aren’t for stressing.